Diary / Justbobbi / Sep 26, 2022
Reset Recipe: Garbanzo Veggie Frittata
Written by: Luciana Gencarelli
This frittata is gluten free, dairy free and vegan. A great way to hit reset. Try it dipped in veggie ketchup or BBQ sauce — just make sure it's no sugar or a less sugar brand! It also is great served with soup.
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided + more for drizzling
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 cups organic shredded or chopped veggies (we love kale & carrots!)
- Optional: Ground turmeric for anti-inflammatory benefits
- Preheat an oven to 400°F with a large cast iron pan inside drizzled with olive oil (sides included).
- In a large bowl, mix garbanzo flour, 2 tbsp olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Let sit.
- In a large skillet, sauté veggies with 1/4 cup olive oil until tender. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix veggies into the batter and pour over hot cast iron pan. Cook for 30 minutes or until browned.
- Let sit out of the oven for at least 30 minutes before flipping out of the pan. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
Luciana Contuzzi is the owner of Zest in Fairfield, New Jersey.